My job is to help keep your children healthy so they can do their jobs which is to learn. I can’t do this alone and need the parents, teachers and students support. We all work together as a team.
Most important is communication.
1. If your child is sick, please keep them home and call the school at 908-352-7664 ext. 7410 or 7400.
2. Send a note on their return letting me know what was wrong so I can follow up.
3. If absent 3 days or more they need a doctor’s note to return.
4. No meds are given out without a doctor’s prescription and a medication form to be signed by a parent. This includes Tylenol or cough drops.
5. No child is to carry any medication on themselves unless approved by myself.
6. If your child was injured or ill and had to go to the hospital please inform the nurse on their return.
7. Please make sure the nurse has current home phone numbers, work numbers, cell numbers or emergency contact phone numbers that she may call if your child becomes hurt or sick so she may reach you. Remember we can get your child to a hospital but they will not treat your child until you are present.
8. Any child with a temperature of 100 F needs to be home resting. Any child with ring worm, strep throat needs treatment before returning to school. We want to keep your child healthy and not spread germs to other children.
With everyone’s support we can work together and keep the school environment and your children safe and healthy so school is a fun place to come and learn.
You may call me anytime at 908-352-7664 ext. 7441.
Mrs. Stansfield, RN
If your child(ren) need medicine administered in school please use this form and have their doctor fill it out: